MINI PRIME BURGERS WITH REMOULADE AND AGED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 3/4 .75 .75pound POUNDWeightground Wagyu Snake River Farms beef
- Pinch of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 4 4tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeextra-virgin olive oil
- 6 6 6ounces OUNCE_USVolumeaged cheddar cheese, sliced
- 6 6 6slices Brioche bread, punched out with a 2-inch ring cutter
- Remoulade Sauce (recipe follows)
- Arugula leaves
- 6 6 6cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 3 3cornichons, sliced
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumeheavy cream
- 3 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2 2 2sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumesweet paprika
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumepeanut oil
- 3/4 .75 .75cup CUP_USVolumered onion, brunoised
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumeeach of red & yellow bell peppers, brunoised
- Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- Put the ground beef in a bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Mix together with your hands to combine. Take 2 tablespoons of the beef and shape it like a meatball. Flatten slightly and drizzle the burgers with oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn them over with tongs. Put about 1/2 oz. of aged cheddar cheese on top of the burgers, allowing it to melt. While that’s cooking, put the brioche circles on the grill. Toast them slightly on both sides, about 2 minutes total.
- Put the toasted brioche circles on a platter. Top each with a small spoonful of Remoulade. Put the burger on top (cheese side up), followed by an arugula leaf, a slice of tomato and a slice of cornichon.
- In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream, garlic, rosemary and paprika. Reduce by half. Allow to cool to room temperature. In a sauté pan, heat the peanut oil. Sweat the onions, red and yellow bell pepper until glossy. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool to room temperature.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
Toasted Brioche circles for buns, and topped with Remoulade, these sliders are elegant enough to serve at a wedding. Allow three burgers per person and top with tomato, arugula, and cornichon slices.