- 8 8 8ounces OUNCE_USVolumehazelnuts, roasted and peeled, coarsely chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 8 8 8ounces OUNCE_USVolumebittersweet chocolate, coarsly chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 8 8 8eggs, separated
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumesugar
- Cocoa powder for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 10-inch x 2-inch cake pan.
- In the bowl of a standing electric mixer, combine the egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar. Beat for 4 minutes on high speed until light and fluffy.
- In separate clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Slowly add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and continue to beat until medium/stiff peaks.
Fold the nuts and chocolate into the egg yolk mixture. Carefully fold the egg white into the yolk mixture. Fill the cake pan 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until center is springy. Remove from the oven and cool on a baking rack. Dust with cocoa powder.
Note: Makes 1 - 10-inch X 2-inch cake