CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 3/4 1.75 1.75cups CUP_USVolumeall-purpose flour
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumeunsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 0.75 0.75teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumebaking soda
- 1/4 0.25 0.25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesalt
- 8 8 8ounces OUNCE_USVolume(2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumelight brown sugar
- 3/4 0.75 0.75cup CUP_USVolumegranulated sugar
- 2 2 2large eggs
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5teaspoons TEASPOON_USVolumevanilla extract
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5ounces OUNCE_USVolumebittersweet chocolate, melted over water bath or in microwave.
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolume(1/2 pound) coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts or toasted and cooled unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 1.75 1.75cups CUP_USVolumesemisweet chocolate chips
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, using paddle or beaters, and on medium speed, soften the butter. Add the brown and granulated sugars, raising the speed, beat the butter. Add the brown and granulated sugars, raising the speed to high when the sugar is incorporated, and continue to mix until fluffy, stopping machine and scraping down sides of bowl and under beaters as necessary. Lower speed to medium, add the eggs, 1 at a time, and the vanilla. Stop machine, scrape in the melted chocolate, and beat until thoroughly combined. Turn speed to low, gradually add in the flour mixture, and beat just until combined. Add nuts and chocolate chips, and again beat just until combined. If the dough is soft, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, for 1 to 2 hours.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, divide the dough into mounds, about 2 tablespoons each, forming small balls of dough. (Dough can be rolled, placed on trays, and refrigerated until needed.) Arrange the rolled balls on the prepared baking trays, about 2 inches apart. Bake until slightly firm to the touch, about 15 minutes, reversing trays front to back after 7 to 8 minutes. Remove cookies from trays with a wide metal spatula and cool on wire rack. If reusing a baking tray, cool slightly before arranging balls of dough on it.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
If you like chocolate chip cookies, you will love these, made with bittersweet chocolate, semisweet chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.