SPICY CHICKEN PIZZA
- 1 1/4 1.25 1.25pounds POUNDWeightskinned and boned uncooked chicken, cut into small cubes to make 4 cups.
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumeextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeextra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 3.5 3.5fresh lime juice
- 2 2 2large jalapeño peppers, trimmed and minced
- 1 1 1garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumechopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt
- 1 1 1recipe Pizza Dough (See separate recipe)
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumegrated mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumegrated Fontina cheese (8 ounces)
- 6 6 6Roma tomatoes (about 1 pound), ends trimmed, cut into thin slices
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumecubed Asian eggplant, sautéed or grilled
- 1 1 1recipe Caramelized Onions (See separate recipe)
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumesliced red and yellow bell peppers, sautéed or grilled
Marinate the chicken: Arrange the cubed chicken in a shallow medium bowl and toss with the marinade ingredients, using 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season lightly with salt and let marinate for about 1 hour, refrigerated.
In a skillet or sauté pan large enough to hold the chicken in one layer, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon. Sauté the chicken just to brown on all sides. Do not overcook. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll out the dough to make two 10-inch rounds, with the outer border a little thicker than the inner circle. Transfer dough to wooden pizza paddles or cookie sheets.
Layer the pizza: Start with the mozzarella, then the Fontina, tomato, eggplant, caramelized onions, cooked chicken, and peppers. Slide the pizza onto the baking stone. Bake until the pizza is nicely browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Transfer the pizza to a firm surface and cut into slices with a pizza cutter or very sharp knife. Serve immediately.
Wine RecommendationAlthough it’s hard to see pizza with anything other than beer, there are some great wine pairings that you might like to try. Bonny Doon’s Ca’ del Solo and Edmunds St. John’s Port ‘o Call reds are perfect, and inexpensive, partners for this Spicy Chicken Pizza.
This Spicy Chicken Pizza recipe has always been one of the most popular at my Cafés. It's a wonderful, hearty pizza, spicy and delicious, perfect for dinner for a family. With two kinds of cheese and a variety of vegetables, this chicken pizza will be a huge hit. And, make sure to check out all our other Wolfgang Puck pizza recipes.