- 10 10 10Roma tomatoes (about 2 pounds), cored and chopped
- 1/2 0.5 0.5red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1 1English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 2 2medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumefresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumetomato paste
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumetomato juice
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumewater
- 1/4 0.25 0.25cup CUP_USVolumesherry wine vinegar
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeextra-virgin olive oil
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumesugar
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumekosher salt
- 1/2 0.5 0.5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumefreshly ground black pepper
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesweet paprika
- 1/4 0.25 0.25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumecayenne pepper
- 1/4 0.25 0.25cup CUP_USVolumered bell pepper, cored, seeded, trimmed, and cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1/4 0.25 0.25cup CUP_USVolumeyellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, trimmed, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 0.25 0.25cup CUP_USVolumered onion, peeled, trimmed, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumered and yellow pear tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1 1ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumeminced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 0.25 0.25cup CUP_USVolumefresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 12 12large shrimp, peeled, deveined, butterflied, poached, and chilled
- 6 6 6sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 6 6 6wedges of lime
Prepare Gazpacho: In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Transfer to a food processor, pulse until almost puréed, leaving a little texture. Season with salt and pepper. Return to bowl, cover, and refrigerate another hour before serving.
Prepare topping mixture: In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
PresentationLadle 1 1/2 cups of gazpacho into chilled soup plates. Spoon 1/4 cup of the topping mixture onto center of soup, top with 2 shrimp, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Place a wedge of lime on the rim of the plate.
If you don't want to serve a salad, this is the perfect first course on a warm summer evening, when tomatoes are bursting with flavor. It requires no cooking and can be made the day before it is needed. If the texture is too thick for your taste, stir in a little tomato juice.