- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumepeanut oil
- 1/4 0.25 0.25pound POUNDWeightChinese snow peas, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeoyster mushrooms, whole or cut in half, depending upon size
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeshiitake mushrooms, whole or cut in half, stems removed (stems can be added to stocks for flavor)
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeeach red and yellow bell pepper strips, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 0.5 0.5large Japanese eggplant, cut into 6 or 7 slices
- 1/4 0.25 0.25medium bok choy, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 6 6broccoli florets
- 5 5 5young asparagus spears, cut into 1 1/2-to 2-inch lengths
- 1/3 0.33 0.33cup CUP_USVolumechicken stock, heated
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumesoy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok or large skillet over high heat, heat the oil. Add vegetables and stir fry, coating them with the oil. Pour in the stock and the soy sauce and stir until al dente, about 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind that the soy sauce is salty. Serve immediately.
PresentationServe in a heated serving bowl or arrange attractively on each plate as an accompaniment to an entrée.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
The combination of the oil, stock, and soy sauce produces a glaze for the vegetables. When cooked, the vegetables should be shiny and crispy with no stock remaining in the pan.