AUTUMN SALAD WITH APPLES AND POMEGRANATES
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumeWalnuts
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumePowdered sugar
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumePeanut oil for frying nuts
- 3 3 3heads Organic endive, washed, cut julienne
- 1 1 1Organic baby frisee, washed, trimmed
- 1/2 .5 .5pound POUNDWeightOrganic baby arugula, washed
- 1/2 .5 .5pound POUNDWeightOrganic mixed greens,(mesclun mix)
- 2 2 2Organic Granny Smith apples, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 .25 .25pound POUNDWeightRoquefort Cheese
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeBalsamic vinegar
- 333/1000 .333 .333cup CUP_USVolumeExtra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumeHazelnut oil
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumeWalnut oil
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeDijon mustard
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeShallots, chopped
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeThyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast walnuts in preheated 250 degrees F. oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Place a 2 quart saucepan over a medium heat. Add peanut oil, slowly heat to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile blanch nuts in boiling water for about 1 minute.
- Remove and toss with powdered sugar.
- Carefully with a slotted spoon drop the coated nuts in the 350 degrees F. oil.
- Cook for 30 seconds until crisp and golden. With slotted spoon remove and place on paper towel lined cookie sheet.
- Once cooled roughly chop nuts, and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, chopped thyme, chopped shallots, balsamic vinegar. Whisk together.
- Continue whipped emulsify your oils into the mustard base.
- While continuously whisking slowly stream in the oils. It will take about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the endive, frisee, arugula, mixed greens and apples, with prepared balsamic vinegar.
- Arrange nuts and the cheese around the inner board of the plate. Place greens at base in center. Crumble Roquefort over the top and place caramelized walnuts on top.
- Sprinkle with a few pomegranate seeds.
PresentationArrange nuts and the cheese around the inner board of the plate. Place greens at base in center. Crumble Roquefort over the top and place caramelized walnuts on top.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE