SPICY STEAK QUESADILLA
- 4 4 4(12-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 .75 .75cup CUP_USVolumegrated cheddar cheese
- 8 8 8ounces OUNCE_USVolumesirloin steak, grilled to desired doneness and thinly sliced
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumesalsa, plus extra for garnish and to serve on side
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeminced jalapeno (1-2 for 8 servings)
- Lay out 2 of the flour tortillas on a flat surface. Top with 1/2 cup of the Cheddar, spreading evenly over the tortillas. Divide the steak among the tortillas and sprinkle with the desired amount of jalapeno. Top with salsa and remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining tortillas and press to seal.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and lower the heat to medium. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the other quesadilla.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice into 8 or 10 pieces. Garnish with salsa and cilantro sprigs.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE