WILD MUSHROOM STUFFING
- 1/4 .25 .25pound POUNDWeightchicken liver
- 1/2 .5 .5ounce OUNCE_USVolumedried porcini mushrooms
- 2 2 2loaves dried bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeextra virgin olive oil
- 2 2 2medium onions, chopped
- 4 4 4stalks organic celery and leaves, chopped
- 3 3 3cups CUP_USVolumesliced organic mushrooms
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumechicken stock
- 3 3 3cage-free eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumechopped parsley
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumechopped sage
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumechopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Render chicken liver in sauté pan. Remove and pour rendered fat over bread. Dice and reserve. (If you use chicken liver, add 4 tablespoons of butter).
- Rinse dried porcini and soak in warm water. Drain and chop mushrooms, reserving liquid.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat and add onions, celery and pancetta. Cook until vegetables become translucent. Combine dried mushrooms to fresh mushrooms and add reserved mushroom liquid and stock. Cook over medium heat and reduce until almost dry. Cook and set aside.
- Place chicken liver and dried bread cubes in a large bowl. Add herbs, beaten eggs and cooled mushroom mixture. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Fill legs of turkey according to recipe (or place stuffing in a buttered gratin dish and bake in pre-heated 300-degrees F. oven for 30 minutes.)
ABOUT THIS RECIPE