ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH ROASTED TOMATO SALSA
- 5 5 5Roma tomatoes
- 2 2 2Chipotle chilies
- 1/2 0.5 0.5chopped basil
- 1/4 0.25 0.25minced garlic
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumefresh lime juice
- 1/4 0.25 0.25cup CUP_USVolumebalsamic vinegar
- 2 2 2teaspoons TEASPOON_USVolumesugar
- 2 2 2teaspoons TEASPOON_USVolumesalt
- 1/2 0.5 0.5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumefreshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeolive oil
- 2 1/2 2.5 2.5pounds POUNDWeightbeef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumecoriander, toasted and crushed
- Prepare the tomato salsa: Over a hot grill, roast the tomatoes until blackened. Transfer the bowl and add the chipotles. Cover and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Add the basil, garlic and lemon juice and marinate for 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse until chunky. Transfer to a bowl and add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of olive oil. Reserve.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper and coriander.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a sauté pan, heat some of the olive oil until smoking and sear the beef until browned all over. Transfer to oven and cook until medium rare, (120 degrees internal temperature ) about 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cut into 1/4- inch thick slices and divide onto 4 plates. Spoon salsa on top and serve immediately
- Season mixed greens with two tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper. Divide evenly onto 4 plates. Cut the tenderloin into 1/2 inch thick slices and place slices on top of mixed greens. Spoon half of the tomato salsa over the beef (don’t cover completely).
PresentationSlice and Divide onto four plates, on top of mixed greens and tomato salsa.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
This recipe is a wonderful dish for the summer. It has strong and delicate flavors, when combined, it'll provide you with a perfect balance of spiciness in the chili and a coolness of the tomato salsa.