- 4 4 4tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeoil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeunsalted butter
- 1 1 1onion, finely chopped
- 3 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeightchanterelles, trimmed
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeheavy cream
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesweet paprika
- 1/4 0.25 0.25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesharp paprika
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeminced marjoram leaves
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeminced parsley leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumecrème fraiche
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeightwide egg noodles, cooked to al dente
- Heat heavy sauté pan. Add oil until it begins to smoke. Sear the meat until golden brown, season with salt and pepper. Transfer meat to a strainer. Reserve meat and juice separately.
- Add the butter to the pan. When it begins to brown, add onions, garlic and chanterelles. Sauté over high heat until all the liquid has reduced. Add heavy cream, paprika and the juice from the meat. Reduce until sauce has lightly thickened. Add the reserved meat, marjoram and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Stir in crème fraiche.
PresentationServe on heated plates and garnish with minced parsley. Serve over noodles.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE