- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5cups CUP_USVolumecups all-purpose flour
- 2 2 2teaspoons TEASPOON_USVolumebaking powder
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumebaking soda
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumesugar
- 1/8 .125 .125teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesalt
- 2 2 2eggs
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5cups CUP_USVolumebuttermilk, or 1 cup buttermilk and ½ cup milk
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumemelted unsalted butter
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumevanilla extract
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeDried Apricot Jam
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumewhipped cream or crème fraiche
- Heat an electric griddle or a stovetop griddle or heavy pan over medium-high heat. Sift together the flour, baking power, baking soda, sugar, and salt into a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the buttermilk (or buttermilk and milk), the melted butter, and the vanilla extract. Quickly whisk in the flour mixture and stir only until it is combined.
- Ladle the batter onto the griddle by tablespoons for small, 2-inch pancakes. Cook until bubbles break through and turn over. Cook another 30 seconds to a minute, until nicely browned on the other side and transfer to a plate.
- Serve the pancakes hot with dried apricot jam and whipped cream or crème fraiche.
Wolfgang Puck's Dessert Pancakes recipe is a celebrity favorite for noshing on the morning after the big night. After supervising the menu for the Governor's Ball following the Academy Awards, Chef Wolfgang Puck turns around to prepare a post-Oscars brunch.