QUEEN OF SHEBA STRATA BY CATHI IANNONE
- 4 4 4cups CUP_USVolumesweet potatoes (very thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5cups CUP_USVolumewhole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5teaspoons TEASPOON_USVolumebaking powder
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumeonion (grated with a cheese grater)
- 2/3 .67 .67cup CUP_USVolumericotta cheese
- 1 1 1can Wolfgang Puck Creamy Butternut Squash Soup (14.5 ounce)
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumecanola oil, plus 1 tablespoon for greasing pan
- 4 4 4eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeberbere, Ethiopian spice blend
- 2 2 2garlic cloves ( push through garlic press)
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumefresh flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesalt
- 1/2 .5 .5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumepepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder.
- Grease the interior of a 10 inch spring form pan with one tablespoon of canola oil.
- Line the interior circumference of the spring form pan with 5 or 6 slices of sweet potatoes.
- To the bowl of flour mixture, add all the above remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread into the spring form pan and bake for one hour. Allow to cool for at least 10 minute before serving. Serves 8 people.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
Flavorful layers of sweet potato, ricotta, eggs and Wolfgang Puck® Creamy Butternut Squash Soup are baked together in the award-winning Queen of Sheba Strata Recipe that serves 8.