COURT BOUILLON COURT BOUILLON
- 2 2 2medium carrots
- 2 2 2stalks celery
- 1 1 1leek, thoroughly washed
- 1 1 1sprig fresh thyme or pinch dried thyme
- 1 1 1bay leaf
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesalt
- 1/2 .5 .5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumefreshly ground black pepper
- 2 2 2quarts QUART_USVolumewater
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumedry white wine
- Slice the carrots, celery, and leek into ¼-inch pieces. Put them in a saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Continue boiling for 20 minutes, until the liquid is flavorful.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
Use this quickly prepared, fragrant liquid to poach or steam fish in a health-conscious way with no added fat.