BASIL GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumeFresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeChopped garlic
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumeChampagne vinegar
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeGrated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumeOlive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, combine the basil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese until the basil is pureed. With the motor running, pour the oil through the opening and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, pour into a small bowl, and set aside. Whisk before using.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
This simple dressing is great over fresh tomatoes, and makes a wonderful marinade for chicken and shrimp. But see my recipe for Grilled Italian Chicken and you’ll discover just how versatile it can be.