- 1 1 1Egg
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeFresh lemon juice
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeMinced garlic
- 1/2 .5 .5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeWorcestershire sauce
- 1/4 .25 .25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeRed pepper flakes
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeDijon mustard
- 2 2 2Anchovy filets, smashed
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumePeanut oil
- 1/3 .33 .33cup CUP_USVolumeExtra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumeFreshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, mustard, and anchovies. Whisking continuously, slowly pour in the oils to emulsify. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate in a covered container. When ready to use, whisk again.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
Using a whole egg rather than just egg yolks results in a lighter Caesar dressing that comes together more easily. If you like, use a food processor to prepare it instead of doing so by hand.