PESTO FOR STEAMED CHICKEN BREAST
- 1/2 1/2 1/2cup CUP_USVolumeFresh Basil Leaves, Tightly Packed
- 1/2 1/2 1/2cup CUP_USVolumeFresh Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 1/3 1/3cup CUP_USVolumeWater
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Use a spoon to generously coat the chicken breast with pesto, taking care not to touch any unused pesto with the spoon after it has touched the chicken.
- Place chicken in the steamer and steam for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Unused pesto can be frozen for future use. Olive oil can be used instead of water if desired.
Chef's TipsIf you want a really juicy chicken breast, brine it for about one hour before steaming.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
This recipe was developed for use in my new Rapid Food Steamer available on HSN.com