- 4 1/2 4.5 4.5cups CUP_USVolumehoneydew melon or watermelon juice
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumesugar (or to taste)
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumeMidori liqueur
- Add sugar and lemon to melon or watermelon juice to correct flavor. Add Midori liqueur.
- Pour mixture into one or two shallow baking pans to a depth of approximately 1/4 inch. Place in freezer. (If you pour any deeper, ice crystals will not form properly).
- When you see a layer of ice on the surface, scrape to break it up and put pan back in freezer. Continue this process until completely frozen. Final product should look like sequins.
PresentationPlace a scoop of granita into a solid wine glass or a classic martini glass and serve immediately.
This is a really refreshing intermezzo or palate cleanser to be served between courses. By scraping the ice, rather than preparing a classic sorbet or sherbert, you get a texture that's crunchy but melts almost immediately you taste it. In the summer it makes a great dessert all by itself.