STRAWBERRY MARZIPAN TART Recipe
- 1/3 .33 .33recipe sugar dough (see separate recipe)
- 1/2 .5 .5pound POUNDWeightunsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumesugar
- 3 3 3eggs
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeorange liqueur
- Zest of 2 oranges, finely grated
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumealmond extract
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumeground almonds
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumecurrant jelly, melted
- 2 2 2baskets strawberries, sliced 1/4 inch thick
Instructions for Strawberry Marzipan Tart Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, roll the pastry 3/8 inch thick and line a 10 inch flan ring with it. Place the ring on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and chill it until needed.
- Cream the butter and sugar lightly in an electric mixer; don't let the butter get too soft. Add the eggs and mix lightly.
- Stir in the liqueur, zest and almond extract, then mix in the ground almonds.
- Pour into the chilled pastry shell and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the pastry and marzipan are a deep golden brown.
- Remove the tart from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
Brush the top of the tart with the currant jelly. Cover the top of the tart with sliced strawberries arranged in concentric circles or in a flower petal design, making certain the whole top of the tart is covered.
Makes one 10-inch tart
Remove the flan ring and transfer the tart to a flat serving platter. Cut into wedges.
I like to serve a tart like this with coffee and a liquer. Amaretto di Saronno or Frangelica are both perfect. Of course there's nothing to stop you getting out one of your precious old Sauternes or a Vintage Port.