BARBECUED SHRIMP BLT SANDWICH Recipe
- 1/2 .5 .5pound POUNDWeight(about 20 medium) peeled shrimp
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumemayonnaise
- 12 12 12thin slices sourdough bread
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumebaby lettuce
- 1/2 .5 .5pound POUNDWeighttomato, cut into 12 thin slices
- 6 6 6ounces OUNCE_USVolume(12 thick slices) bacon, cooked and drained
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumevegetable oil
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumedry white wine
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumevegetable oil
- 3 3 3ounces OUNCE_USVolume(about 5 large) shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumechampagne
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumecream
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumeunsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- White pepper
Instructions for Barbecued Shrimp BLT Sandwich Recipe
- Preheat the barbecue or grill.
- Sprinkle the vegetable oil over the shrimp. Grill the shrimp, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Do not overcook. Drain and cut each shrimp in half lengthwise.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Sweat the shallots for about 2 minutes. Do not brown. Deglaze the pan with the wine and vinegar and reduce slightly. Pour in the cream and reduce by half. Whisk in the butter and strain into a clean pan. Season with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- For each sandwich, spread a little mayonnaise on one slice of bread and arrange a little lettuce on top of the mayonnaise. Top with three slices of tomato and season with a little salt and pepper, and arrange the bacon on top of the tomatoes. Top with the second slice of bread, a thin layer of mayonnaise and a little lettuce. Heat the shrimp (10 halves) in the lemon butter and arrange on the lettuce. Top with the third slice of bread and cut in half. Serve immediately.
Cut the sandwiches in halves and serve along with a light salad or fresh French fries.
If you're feeling adventurous try a full and oakey Chardonnay from Australia like Rosemount, Petaluma or Lindemans. This dish goes great with a number of the micro brews, such as Anchor Steam, Sierra Nevada or the most popular Samuel Adams.