BLACK AND GREEN OLIVE TAPENADE Recipe
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeNiçoise olives, pitted
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumesmall green French olives (Picholine), pitted
- 1/4 0.25 0.25cup CUP_USVolumeOven-Dried Tomatoes (see separate recipe), drained
- 1 1 1garlic clove
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumecapers
- 1 1 1anchovy fillet
- 1/2 0.5 0.5tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumechopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 0.5 0.5tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumechopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 0.5 0.5tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumechopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 0.25 0.25tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumechopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 0.25 0.25cup CUP_USVolumeextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1 1loaf crusty French bread, cut into slices on a bias
Instructions for Black and Green Olive Tapenade Recipe
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the olive oil. Using the pulse button, process until coarsely chopped and well blended. Continue to process, slowly adding the olive oil. Refrigerate in a covered container. Use as needed for up to 1 month.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
Spread crostini toast with a thin layer of goat cheese, then add tapenade. Serve immediately.
Note: Makes 1 heaping cup