WOLFGANG’S BREAKFAST PANCAKES Recipe
- 2 2 2large eggs, separated
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumesour cream
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumenon fat milk
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolume(4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumepastry flour
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumeall-purpose flour
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumesugar
- 1/2 0.5 0.5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumebaking powder
- 1/2 0.5 0.5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesalt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sour cream, milk, and melted butter.
- In a large bowl, sift together the pastry and all-purpose flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center, pour the egg-yolk mixture into the well, and whisk just enough to incorporate into the dry ingredients.
- In a clean bowl, with a clean whisk, beat the egg whites until shiny and firm, but not dry. Stir a little into the batter, then fold in the remaining whites.
Heat the griddle and butter lightly. Over medium heat, using a 1/4-cup measure, pour the batter onto the griddle. When each pancake is golden brown on one side, and small bubbles appear on the surface, turn with a wide spatula and brown the other side. As the pancakes are cooked, transfer to a tray lined with a clean towel and keep warm in a low oven.
Note: Makes 12 3 1/2-inch pancakes