CRISP POTATO GALETTE Recipe
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5pounds POUNDWeightbaking potatoes, peeled
- 2 2 2teaspoons TEASPOON_USVolumechopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 0.5 0.5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesalt
- 1/4 0.25 0.25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumefreshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumeolive oil
Instructions for Crisp Potato Galette Recipe
- With a sharp chefís knife, slice the potatoes thinly, then cut into julienne. In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- In a non-stick 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Carefully spread the potatoes into the pan. Reduce to medium heat, cook until you can see them browning around the edges and the galette pulls away from the sides of the skillet. (If the heat is too high, the potatoes wonít cook in the middle; if too low, the potatoes will stick to the pan.)
- When the underside is golden brown and the potatoes hold together, itís time to flip the galette. Using a wide spatula, turn the galette. (If you find this difficult, slide out onto a large plate, browned-side down. Place the skillet over the top and flip back into the skillet, browned-side up.) Cook until golden brown on the second side.
Place the potato galette on a heated plate a little larger than the galette. Cut into 4 or 6 wedges and serve immediately. Placing a dollop of crŤme fraiche on top of the galette and adding a thin slice of smoked salmon makes a delicious appetiser or breakfast dish. Or you can serve a wedge with eggs, sausages, chicken, or meat. Itís a very versatile dish.