ZUCCHINI WITH BASIL AND TOMATOES Recipe
- 15 15 15baby zucchini, approximately 1 pound
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeolive oil
- 2 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 3 3 3ripe medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced, and drained
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumejulienned basil leaves (see cooking tips)
- Freshly ground pepper
Instructions for Zucchini with Basil and Tomatoes Recipe
Cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices diagonally, or 1/4- inch cubes.
Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large skillet. Cook the zucchini and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and basil. Continue to cook for 3 more minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot or cold.
Serve in a heated serving bowl or arrange attractively on each plate as an accompaniment to an entrée.