GRATINEED POTATOES Recipe
- 12 12 12medium potatoes, peeled
- 3 3 3cups CUP_USVolumeheavy cream
- 3 3 3cloves garlic (2 of them minced)
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesalt
- 1/2 0.5 0.5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumefreshly ground pepper
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumecrème fraîche
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumegrated Swiss cheese
Instructions for Gratineed Potatoes Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the potatoes 1/8 inch thick. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cream, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Place in a large casserole dish and cook in a bain-marie, or a roasting pan filled with sufficient water to come half way up the sides of the casserole dish, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the potatoes are just tender. Remove from oven.
Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
Rub a large gratin dish with the remaining clove of garlic and spread with 1/4 cup of crème fraîche. Pour in half the potatoes. Spread with remaining 1/4 cup crème fraîche, add remaining potatoes, and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Set gratin dish in a bain-marie (or the roasting pan filled with water) and place in the hot oven until the potatoes are brown (about 15 minutes).
Serve from the gratin dish.