CAMERONíS FOUR-CHEESE PIZZA Recipe
- 12 12 12ounces OUNCE_USVolume( 1/2 recipe) Pizza Dough (See separate recipe)
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeprepared Pesto (see separate recipe)
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeOven-Dried Tomatoes (See separate recipe), cut into thin slices
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumegrated mozzerella cheese
- 3/4 .75 .75cup CUP_USVolumegrated Fontina cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 2 2Roma tomatoes, ends trimmed and cut into 12 slices
- 2 2 2ounces OUNCE_USVolumegoat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumechopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumechopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumefreshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions for Cameronís Four-Cheese Pizza Recipe
- Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll out the dough into one 10-inch round or two 8-inch rounds. Transfer dough to wooden pizza paddle or lightly-floured cookie sheet. Brush lightly with Pesto and scatter the Oven-Dried Tomatoes evenly around the inner circle of the pizza.
Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Fontina cheeses, arrange the slices of the Roma tomatoes, and then sprinkle with the goat cheese, oregano, thyme, and finally the Parmesan cheese. Slide pizza off paddle or cookie sheet onto hot pizza stone. Bake until the pizza crust is nicely browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Note: Makes one 10-inch or two 8-inch pizzas; Serves 3 to 4.
When the pizza is removed from the oven, transfer to a cutting board and garnish with the chiffonade of basil leaves, cut into slices, and serve immediately.
Although itís hard to see pizza with anything other than beer, there are some great wine pairings that you might like to try. Bonny Doonís Caí del Solo and Edmunds St. Johnís Port Ďo Call reds are perfect, and inexpensive, partners for this really cheesy pizza.