PATE SUCRE (SUGAR DOUGH) Recipe
- 2 1/3 2.33 2.33cups CUP_USVolumecake or pastry flour
- 1/3 .33 .33cup CUP_USVolumesugar
- 1/2 .5 .5pound POUNDWeightunsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 2 2 2cage-free egg yolks
- 1 or 2 1 or 2 1 or 2tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeheavy cream
Instructions for Pate Sucre (Sugar Dough) Recipe
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine the flour and sugar. Add the butter and process until the texture resembles fine meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yolks and 1 tablespoon of the cream. Scrape into the machine and process until a ball begins to form, using the additional tablespoon of cream, if necessary. Remove the dough from the machine, and on a lightly floured surface, press down into a circle. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.