ROAST RACK OF PORK WITH CARAMELIZED MAPLE ONIONS Recipe
- 1 1 12-pound pork rack with 4 bones attached
- 3 3 3yellow onions, sliced
- 2 2 2ounces OUNCE_USVolumeolive oil
- 1 1 1inch fresh ginger, crushed
- 1/2 .5 .5stick cinnamon
- 1 1 1star anise
- 4 4 4tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumemaple sugar
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumesweet butter
- 3 333/1000 3.333 3.333cups CUP_USVolumeapple cider
- Salt and black pepper
Instructions for Roast Rack of Pork with Caramelized Maple Onions Recipe
- Season both sides of rack with salt and pepper 20 minutes before cooking. Sear in heavy saute pan with olive oil until rack is well caramelized. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In same pan, add sliced onions, ginger, cinnamon, star anise and butter. Slowly cook until onions are well caramelized. Add maple sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with cider, adjust salt and pepper to taste and reduce until a glaze forms.
- Completely cover rack with half of onion compote. Transfer to roasting pan and place in oven. Cook at 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature is 150 degrees F. Halfway through cooking time, pour over remaining half of onion compote.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.