CRAB LOUIE Recipe
- 8 8 8ounces OUNCE_USVolumejumbo lump crab
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeThousand Island or Russian dressing
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumechives
- 1 1 1vine-ripened tomato, diced and well drained
- 1/4 .25 .25red onion, finely diced
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeolive oil
- 1 1 1Pinch of sugar
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumechopped parsley
- 16 16 16endive leaves
- 1 1 1whole avocado, diced
- Pick through the crab meat thoroughly and remove any shells.
- Place the crab in a small bowl, and fold in the dressing and chives.
- Combine the tomato, onion, olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar, and parsley in a small bowl to make a nice relish.
- With the endive leaves, create a flower pattern on individual plates. Place a small mound of the Crab Louie mixture in the center. Layer the diced avocado on top of the crab. Layer the tomato mixture on top of the avocado. Serve.
Wolfgang’s version of an American classic, this Crab Louie recipe is perfect for a start to a New Year’s Eve dinner. We suggest that you serve this Crab Louie on endive for an elegant salad course. And, also explore other signature recipes, such as Spicy Chicken Pizza and Wolfgang’s Classic Chicken Pot Pie recipe.