FIRE ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN Recipe
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumepeanut oil
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeblack peppercorns
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumestar anise
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumecoriander seeds
- 1/4 0.25 0.25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeSzechuan peppercorns
- 1/2 0.5 0.5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumered curry paste
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumetamarind paste
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumehoney
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumeMadeira
- 3/4 0.75 0.75cup CUP_USVolumeveal stock
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumerice wine vinegar
- 1/2 0.5 0.5tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeChinese powdered mustard
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumebutter
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeightbeef tenderloin
- 1 1 1recipe Wasabi Mashed Potatoes (See separate recipe)
Instructions for Fire Roasted Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan, heat oil, black peppercorns, star anise, coriander seeds, and Szechuan peppercorns for 1 minute until aromatic. Stir in red curry paste, tamarind paste and honey. Deglaze with Madeira and reduce until syrupy. Add the veal stock and continue to reduce in half. Transfer to a blender and process to a puree. Strain and set aside.
- Over hot grill, cook the tenderloin until grill marks appear on all sides. Transfer to a sauté pan and pour in half of the strained marinade. Roast in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Transfer the remaining marinade to a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Reduce until thickened. In a cup, dissolve the powdered mustard in rice wine vinegar. Whisk in mustard and finish sauce with the butter.
Cut the steak into thin slices. Nap with Madeira Mustard Sauce and serve with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes garnished with a whole star anise.