GRILLED NEW YORK STRIP STEAK WITH FIRE ROASTED SALSA AND GRILLED MUSHROOMS AND ASPARAGUS Recipe
- 4 4 4New York strip steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 4 4tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeextra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 4 4 4portobello mushroom caps
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumeshiitake mushroom caps
- 1 1 1large white onion, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 1 1bunch jumbo asparagus, peeled
- 4 4 4tomatoes, cored
- 3 3 3jalapeno peppers
- 3 3 3large basil leaves
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumebalsamic vinegar, plus some for drizzling
Instructions for Grilled New York Strip Steak with Fire Roasted Salsa and Grilled Mushrooms and Asparagus Recipe
- Coat onion slices, asparagus, tomatoes and jalapenos in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and add to the hot grill. Cook for 4 minutes on each side and remove from the grill. Set asparagus aside and keep warm while preparing salsa.
- To make salsa, remove charred loose rings from the onion rounds and place in the blender. Remove and the skins and seeds from the tomatoes and add remaining tomato to the blender. Remove and discard the skin and the seeds from the jalapenos. Mince the jalapenos and add to the blender. Add the basil leaves, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pulse until chunky. Reserve until serving.
- Season steaks with salt, pepper and olive oil and place on the hottest part of the grill. Toss the mushroom caps in 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the mushrooms on the heat with smaller mushrooms around the edges of the grill. Cook the steak for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, 8 minutes on each side for well done. Cook the portobellos for 2 minutes on each side, the shiitakes for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Slice the steak and portobellos on a bias and place on a platter with the grilled asparagus, shiitakes and tomato salsa. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar before serving.