HACHE PARMENTIER Recipe
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumechopped leftover pot roast or beef stew
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumebeef gravy
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumechopped cooked vegetables: carrots, leeks, spinach, Swiss chard, etc.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 3 3cups CUP_USVolumemashed potatoes, heated
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumefreshly grated horseradish
- 1/2 0.5 0.5cup CUP_USVolumecup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 0.25 0.25cup CUP_USVolumegrated Parmesan
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumebutter, cut into pieces
Instructions for Hache Parmentier Recipe
- Preheat the oven with 350 degrees F. Combine the meat, gravy, and vegetables in a large sauté pan and cook over medium heat just until everything is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the heated mixture into a large glass pie plate or a round glass baking dish. Add the horseradish to the heated potatoes and mix well. Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat mixture, smoothing with a spatula and spreading to the edges of the pie dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the bread crumbs and the Parmesan. Dot the top with butter and bake for 45 minutes on the top shelf of the oven. Just before serving, adjust oven temperature to broil and cook just until the crumbs are browned, about 1 minute. Serve immediately