ROASTED FILET MIGNON & MAINE LOBSTER WITH CELERY ROOT PUREE AND TWO TRUFFLE SAUCES Recipe
- 4 4 46-ounce filet mignons
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 2 2medium sized fresh lobsters – (1/2 lobster per person)
- 8 8 8ounces OUNCE_USVolumeunsalted butter, melted
- 1 1 1gallon water
- 1/2 0.5 0.5gallon white wine
- 1 1 1lemon, quartered
- 1 1 1medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1 1carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 1 1celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1 1 1bay leaf
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeblack peppercorns
- 1 1 1sprig tarragon
- 1 1 1sprig parsley
Instructions for Roasted Filet Mignon & Maine Lobster with Celery Root Puree and two Truffle Sauces Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Salt and pepper both sides of each filet. Over high heat, sear both sides in a frying pan.
- Remove from heat and place in oven for 7 minutes. Reserve.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then add live lobsters. Cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove lobsters from the water and cut each in half. Remove claw and tail meat. Toss in warm butter. Reserve.