PAPPARDELLE WITH GARLIC AND OVEN-DRIED TOMATOES Recipe
- 1/3 .33 .33cup CUP_USVolumeextra-virgin olive oil
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumesliced Double-Blanched Garlic
- 1/3 .33 .33cup CUP_USVolumeOven-Dried Tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 3 3 3medium tomatoes peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 12 12 12ounces OUNCE_USVolumefresh regular or spinach pappardelle
- 4 4 4ounces OUNCE_USVolumeHerbed Goat Cheese cut into small pieces
- 6 6 6fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
Instructions for Pappardelle with Garlic and Oven-dried Tomatoes Recipe
- In a 12-inch sauté pan or skillet, heat the olive oil. Lightly brown the garlic. Add the Oven-Dried Tomatoes and the chopped fresh tomatoes and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce has thickened slightly. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt to the water and cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 1 minute for fresh pasta. (Cook packaged pasta according to package directions.) Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce.
After the pasta has been tossed with the sauce take a pair of tongs or a roasting fork and twirl the pasta in a mound on the plate. Pour the sauce over the mound and garnish with the goat cheese and basil chiffonade.
Talenti Rosso di Montalcino 2004 (Tuscany, Italy)