CHINO FARM CARROT AND GINGER SOUP Recipe
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeightorange carrots
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeightyellow carrots
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeightwhite carrots
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumepeanut oil
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeminced garlic
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeminced ginger
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeminced green onion
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumesalt
- 1/2 .5 .5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumefreshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 .5 .5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeturmeric
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumehoney, or to taste
- 8 8 8cups CUP_USVolumevegetable stock
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeheavy cream
- 4 4 4ounces OUNCE_USVolumebutter
- Oil, for deep-frying
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumejulienne ginger
Instructions for Chino Farm Carrot and Ginger Soup Recipe
- Peel the carrots and slice thinly.
- In a stockpot, heat the oil and sauté the garlic, minced ginger, green onions and pepper flakes for 1 to 2 minutes or just until glossy. Do not allow to develop color. Add the carrots, salt, pepper, turmeric and honey. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and add the cream. Cook for 40 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Transfer to a blender; add the butter and process to a puree. Strain soup into a new stockpot. If the soup is too thick, add extra stock. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and honey. Keep warm.
- Preheat oil to 300 degrees F.
- Deep-fry the ginger and drain on plate lined with paper towel.
Ladle 1 cup of soup into heated bowls. Garnish with fried ginger. Serve immediately.