BARTLETT PEAR AND PROSCIUTTO SALAD WITH EISWEIN VINAIGRETTE Recipe
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeice wine (eiswein) or other sweet white dessert wine
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeChampagne vinegar
- 2 2 2teaspoons TEASPOON_USVolumebalsamic vinegar, preferably aged
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 4 4ripe Bartlett pears —halved, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 .5 .5pound POUNDWeightburrata (cream-filled mozzarella) or fresh buffalo mozzarella, at room temperature, cut into 4 slices
- 4 4 4thin slices of prosciutto
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumemicro-arugula (1 1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the ice wine, olive oil and Champagne and balsamic vinegars and season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, drizzle the sliced pear with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to coat. Arrange the slices on plates. Set a slice of burrata on the melon and drizzle the plates with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Drape a slice of prosciutto over the cheese. In the shallow dish, toss the arugula with the remaining dressing. Top the salads with the arugula and serve right away.
The Bartlett may be America's favorite pear. They are sweet and juicy and one of the most versatile fruits of the summer and fall. Bartletts add a wonderful flavor and texture to a variety of recipes including this one for Bartlett Pear and Prosciutto Salad with Eiswein Vinaigrette. If you can't find Bartlett pears in your area, you can substitute Asian, Bosc or Anjou. Ham may be substituted for the prosciutto.