CORNCOB~TANGO CRAB IMPERIAL STUFFED PRAWNS BY LANIE SMITH Recipe
- 2 2 2fresh ears of organic yellow corn, boil gently, cold water bath
- 2 2 2large ripe mangos, peeled, seeded, diced fine
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumered bell pepper, diced fine
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumecilantro, chopped fine
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1 1can (14.5 ounce) Wolfgang Puck Organic Corn Chowder Soup
- 2 2 2egg whites, beaten
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumemayonnaise
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5cups CUP_USVolumefresh bread crumbs (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeChesapeake bay style seafood seasoning
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumefresh squeezed lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon for salsa
- 1/4 .25 .25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumejalapeno, minced (plus more for salsa if you like)
- 16 16 16ounces OUNCE_USVolumepremium lump crabmeat (backfin)
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeunsalted butter, melted
- 12 12 12prawns, cooked and deveined, cut flat with tails on
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a food processor, blend the soup until smooth. Add the egg whites, mayo, bread crumbs, seasoning, and lemon juice; pulse until gently mixed. Place mixture into a large bowl. Stir in the jalapeno. Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Pour the melted butter into a 9 by 12 inch baking dish. Spread to coat the bottom. Lay shrimp in dish, tail up, and with a spoon, mound the corn soup-crab mixture onto the shrimp. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- For the salsa: Shave kernels from cobs with a sharp knife into a medium sized bowl. Stir corn with mango, red pepper, and cilantro. Add lemon juice and pepper to taste, plus optional jalapeno. Stir. Chill for at least 20 minutes. (can make ahead of time)
- Serve with salsa next to each shrimp.
The Wolfgang Puck® Soup Red Carpet Recipe Contest grand prize winning Corncob Tango Crab Imperial Stuffed Prawns Recipe uses Wolfgang Puck® Organic Corn Chowder Soup to replace most of the mayonnaise usually needed for crab imperial. Recipe includes a fresh corn and mango salsa.