CHILI AND GARLIC OIL Recipe
- 1 1 1Whole head garlic (about 2 ½ ounces, cloves separated and peeled)
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumeExtra virgin olive oil
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeRed pepper flakes
Instructions for Chili and Garlic Oil Recipe
- In a small saucepan, combine the garlic cloves and olive oil. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to maintain a bare simmer and cook until the garlic turns golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Keep a close watch: If the garlic gets too dark, the oil will have a bitter taste.
- Let the oil cool, then stir in the red pepper flakes. Leave at room temperature for at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend. Strain the oil into a clean glass container, cover, and refrigerate.