DILL CREAM Recipe
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5cups CUP_USVolumeSour cream
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeMinced shallots
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeFresh dill leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumeFresh lemon juice
- 1/4 .25 .25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeFreshly ground white pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
I spread just a couple of tablespoons of this tasty cream over cooked pizza dough before topping it with smoked salmon to make my signature Smoked Salmon Pizza (see Pizza). You'll probably make more than one of those pizzas for a special meal, and this recipe will still give you plenty. You're bound to find other uses. Try spreading it on potato pancakes or savory crepes, for example. The cream will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.