SHALLOT-CITRUS VINAIGRETTE Recipe
- 3/4 .75 .75cup CUP_USVolumefresh orange juice
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumebalsamic vinegar
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeminced shallot
- 1/2 .5 .5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeminced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 .5 .5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeorange zest
- 1/3 .33 .33cup CUP_USVolumeExtra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Instructions for Shallot-Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the orange juice to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue boiling until 1/3 cup remains, about 5 minutes. Pour the orange juice into a medium heatproof bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the vinegar, shallot, thyme, and orange zest. Whisking continuously, slowly pour in the olive oil to form a thick emulsion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until needed.