SPAGO HOUSE DRESSING Recipe
- 3 3 3tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumebalsamic vinegar
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumesherry wine (or red wine) vinegar
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeDijon mustard
- 1 1 1small shallot, minced
- 1/2 .5 .5teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeminced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 .50 .50cup CUP_USVolumeextra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 .33 .33cup CUP_USVolumewalnut oil
- 1/4 .25 .25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumeKosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic and sherry or red wine vinegars, the Dijon mustard, minced shallot and minced thyme. Slowly whisk in the oils and when emulsified, season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate in a covered container. (It will keep for 3 to 4 weeks.)
- When ready to use, whisk again.
Every restaurant and every household should have its own house dressing. Choose your favorite oil and vinegar and feel free to add a variety of herbs and spices. Always keep a batch mixed up in the refrigerator for salads, tomatoes, and all kinds of fresh vegetables.