BATTY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH CHOCOLATE COOKIE WINGS Recipe
- Chocolate Cookie Dough (see separate recipe for Basic Cookie Dough)
Batty Chocolate Mousse:
- 6 6 6ounces OUNCE_USVolumebittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumeheavy cream
- 8 8 8ounces OUNCE_USVolumebittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 2 2tablespoons TABLESPOON_USVolumebutter, softened
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumesugar
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumewater
Instructions for Batty Chocolate Mousse with Chocolate Cookie Wings Recipe
- To bake the Chocolate Cookie Dough: Preheat the oven to 350°F and position the rack in the center of the oven. Dust your work surface with flour. Place the Chocolate Cookie Dough on the table and dust it with flour. With a rolling pin, roll the dough back and forth 3 times; then move the dough around to prevent it from sticking and dust with a little more flour. Continue rolling, moving, and flouring the dough in this way until it is evenly 1/2 inch thick. Work the dough, rolling back and forth. After 3 rolls, stop and move the dough around (you don't want it to stick to the work surface). Dust with additional flour and continue to roll until it is 1/2-inch thick. Cut out 6 (3-inch) circles and 12 bat-wing shapes, gathering the scraps and re rolling as necessary. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- To make the Batty Chocolate Mousse: Put the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of the cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour the cream over the chocolate. Let it sit for 1 minute to melt the chocolate; then, whisk together the cream and chocolate until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream until it forms soft peaks when the beaters are lifted out. Fold the soft whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon this mousse into 6 (3-inch-diameter) dome-shaped molds. With a metal spatula, smooth the mousse even with the rim of each mold and top it with one of the 3-inch round cookies. Put the molds in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- To make the Chocolate Glaze: Put the chocolate pieces and the butter in a heatproof mixing bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar and water to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Pour this syrup over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- To assemble the dessert: Unmold the dome-shaped mousses onto a wire rack, dipping the molds briefly into hot water to loosen them. Place the rack on a parchment paper-lined sheet tray. Spoon the Chocolate Glaze over each dome, and stick 2 cookie wings on opposite sides. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.