BERRY SABAYON GRATINEE Recipe
- 8 8 8egg yolks
- 3/4 .75 .75cup CUP_USVolumesugar
- 1 1 1vanilla bean
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeMoscato d'Asti or other sparkling wine
- pinch salt
- 3 1/2 3.5 3.5cups CUP_USVolumefresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, or sliced strawberries
- Powdered sugar
Instructions for Berry Sabayon Gratinee Recipe
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, scrape the seeds with the back side of a pairing knife and add to the egg yolk mixture. Whisk until combine. Add the wine, a little at a time, and whisk to combine. Add a pinch of salt and whisk again.
- Set bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk vigorously and constantly until the sauce is thick and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place 1/2 cup berries in the bottom of 6 shallow individual gratin dishes or ovenproof bowls. Spoon an even amount of the sabayon over each dish. Sprinkle the remaining berries evenly over the dishes. Place the dishes on a sheet pan and place on the top shelf of the oven under the broiler. Broil until the sabayon is golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately