CARAMEL SAUCE Recipe
- 2 2 2cups CUP_USVolumesugar
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumewater
- 3/4 .75 .75cup CUP_USVolumeheavy cream
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumeorange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
Instructions for Caramel Sauce Recipe
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and simmer until the mixture turns deep amber in color, about 6 to 8 minutes. Monitor carefully as the caramel is easy to overcook.
Carefully add the cream. The mixture will bubble and spit when the cream is added. Remove from the heat, stir, and add the liqueur. Cool slightly.
Makes 1 1/2 Cups