CLASSIC POUND CAKE Recipe
- Melted butter, for brushing loaf pans
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeightunsalted butter
- 1 1 1tablespoon TABLESPOON_USVolumevanilla extract
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeightsugar
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeighteggs, about 8 large
- 1 1 1pound POUNDWeightcake flour
- 1/4 .25 .25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumesalt
Instructions for Classic Pound Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush the inside of 2 loaf pans (9 by 5 by 3-inch) with melted butter. Line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper and brush again with butter.
- Using a mixer fitted with the whip attachment, beat the butter and vanilla extract until creamy, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, making sure each egg is completely incorporated before adding the next one. Lower the speed to stir and add the flour and salt. Mix until well blended.
Pour half of the batter into each prepared loaf pan. Bake the cakes for about 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and a bamboo skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer pans to a rack and cool for 10 minutes. Once cooled, remove cakes from the pan and cool further on the rack. Serve slightly warm or use as needed.
Serves 2 (9 by 5 by 3-inch) loaves