INDIVIDUAL BAKED ALASKA Recipe
- 1 1 1Classic Pound Cake Loaf
- 1/2 .5 .5gallon GALLON_USVolumevanilla ice cream
- 6 6 6egg whites
- 1/4 .25 .25teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumecream of tartar
- 6 6 6ounces OUNCE_USVolumesugar
Instructions for Individual Baked Alaska Recipe
- Slice the pound cake loaf into 1/2-inch slices. With a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut pound cake into 6 individual portions and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place a large scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each round cake. Freeze cake and ice cream until very hard, at least 1 hour.
- Prepare meringue. Preheat the oven to broil and place a rack 8 inches from the top of the oven.
- In an electric mixer with the whip attachment on medium speed, beat together the egg whites and cream of tartar to soft peaks. Continue to beat and add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time until meringue has reached stiff peaks. Place meringue in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Remove the ice cream and cakes from the freezer. Working quickly, pipe the meringue evenly over the ice cream, covering completely.
- Place the cakes in the broiler and broil just until tops are browned, about 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.