MELON GRANITA Recipe
- 4 1/2 4.5 4.5cups CUP_USVolumehoneydew melon or watermelon juice
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumesugar (or to taste)
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4 .25 .25cup CUP_USVolumeMidori liqueur
- Add sugar and lemon to melon or watermelon juice to correct flavor. Add Midori liqueur.
- Pour mixture into one or two shallow baking pans to a depth of approximately 1/4 inch. Place in freezer. (If you pour any deeper, ice crystals will not form properly).
- When you see a layer of ice on the surface, scrape to break it up and put pan back in freezer. Continue this process until completely frozen. Final product should look like sequins.
This is a really refreshing intermezzo or palate cleanser to be served between courses. By scraping the ice, rather than preparing a classic sorbet or sherbert, you get a texture that's crunchy but melts almost immediately you taste it. In the summer it makes a great dessert all by itself.