PEAR-ALMOND TARTLETS Recipe
- 1/2 .5 .5recipe Almond Pate Sucre (see separate recipe listed in "Desserts")
- 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumeblanched almonds
- 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumeplus 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 2 2eggs
- 1 1 1teaspoon TEASPOON_USVolumegrated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 1.5 1.5pounds POUNDWeightpears
Instructions for Pear-Almond Tartlets Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the Almond Pate Sucre dough into 8 equal pieces. On a floured surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out each piece of dough to a 4-inch circle. Place the circles of dough on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and pinch up their edges slightly to form a rim.
- Put the blanched almonds in a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse the machine just until they are chopped to a fine meal, taking care not to process them so long that they turn to a paste. Pour the almond meal into a medium bowl and add 1/2 cup of the sugar, the eggs, and lemon zest. Stir with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Cut each pear in half and cut or scoop out its core. Cut each half lengthwise into 5 or 6 thin wedges. Divide the almond mixture evenly among the tarts, leaving a small border around the rim. Arrange the pear slices in a circular pattern on top of this filling. Sprinkle the remaining sugar evenly over the pears. Bake until the pears are lightly caramelized and the pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes.